Help us divert your food and yard waste and meet Helena’s Zero Waste Goals.
HOW IT WORKS
Step 1: You put all of your compostable items into the bin we provide.
Step 2: You take the bin to the curb on your collection day.
Step 3: We empty the bin and compost the material inside.
- Food Waste: pasta, grains, breads, vegetables, fruit, eggshells, meat, fish, dairy, soaked up liquids and grease, seafood shells, bones, coffee grounds, etc.
- Yard Waste: cut flowers, yard trimmings, branches, leaves, needles
- Paper & Cardboard: white paper, colored paper, cardboard, paper towels, napkins, tissues, coffee filters, tea bags
- Cups & Utensils: items labelled compostable or BPI, compostable utensils, BPI dishware, BPI cups
- Bags: bags labeled Compostable or BPI, paper bags
NOT ACCEPTABLE ITEMS
- Containers: plastic containers, juice boxes, milk cartons, ceramic dishware, glassware, styrofoam
- Foil & Wax: any items lined with foil or wax, aluminum foil
- Metal: aluminum cans, tin cans, wire, steel
- Garbage: diapers, plastic bags, wrappers, film
- Treated wood
- Produce Stickers